Are you cooking right? click here to know

Monday, April 26, 2010

Broccoli-Cauliflower Stir fry

Broccoli is one of the very nutritious vegetable which is not very predominant in Indian cooking, though India seems to be the second largest producer. Broccoli is high in vitamins C, K, and A, as well as dietary fiber; few nutrients in it have anti cancer properties. I was trying out ways to incorporate it in a regular diet and after couple of tries the result was this recipe. 

Serving: This recipe will serve 2
Ingredients:
  • Broccoli sliced - 1 cup
  • Cauliflower sliced - 1 cup
  • Onion - 1 large
  • Oil - 1 tbl spn
  • Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
  • Green chillies -2 or as desired
  • Garlic paste 1tsp / crushed garlic 2 pods
  • Curry leaves - 1 sprig
  • Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Turmeric - 1/2 tsp 
  • Salt 1/2 tbl spn or to taste
How to make:
  • Heat oil on medium heat in a kadai (deep bottomed vessel)
  • Add mustard seeds, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and fry until mustard seeds crack
  • Add chopped onion (length wise), turmeric, chilli powder and fry until it turns golden brown 
  • Add broccoli, cauliflower and fry for 2 mins 
  • Add salt and stir fry for 8-10 minutes and the vegetables should be done
  • The vegetables should remain crispy and will not dissolve
  • Serve with chapati , goes well as crispy bites with rice as well.

3 comments:

  1. I will try this recipe soon, I swear on the precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this last night! I modified it slightly, but overall it was quite yummy! I made it without turmeric or curry leaves, and I substituted ginger powder and paprika/cumin combo. I also added shrimp at the very end! I found it to be very tasty, light, and healthful, especially since I made it with a batch of garlic-fried rice. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete